Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pure Ice Crackle


 
I am probably up way too late typing this, but I just couldn't wait! In my last post I wrote how I finally found the new Pure Ice Crackle polish at Walgreen's. Well I used it tonight!!! This was the first time I have ever used a crackle polish, and so far I really like the way it turned out.
Before I painted my nails I looked up some sites about how to do the crackle polish. I was assuming there was a trick to get the crackle to turn out as cool as it looks in the pictures. When I brushed the polish on I was shocked how it just instantly crackled. I was surprise how easy it was to apply and I think my nails turned out great.


For this Manicure, I used "Blue collar" from Orly, "Dream On" from Sinful Colors, "Sunny Side Up" from Wet n' Wild, "Wild Thing"  and "Cream Flirt Alert" both from Pure Ice. I decide to paint each nail a different color for a more playful effect. It also gave me a chance to see the how the crackle polish would do on different brands of polish. I thought the polish did the best on the nails with the Pure Ice polish as a base coat. It turned out the worsted on the Wet N' Wild polish. I am not sure if it was because I ended up putting two coats on crackle polish on the orange or if the was just the base polish. I also learned the thinner coats look better; at least that is what I think. I love how the polish gives my nails a punk-ish look but still looks clean and pretty. I am hoping to get more crackle colors and try more brands in the future
                      
XOXO's                                                                                                                                                 Love and Nail Polish,                                                                                                                            Sierra.

No comments:

Post a Comment