Sunday, July 10, 2011

4th of July

I know I am late getting to this post, but better late than never. I know a lot of people who do Fourth of July nails, and I am no exception. I am always looking for new holiday ideas. This year was harder than years past for me to come up with something I liked. I guess it was because I just couldn't think of anything that really inspired me. After, lots of thinking and looking at a solid red base coat for a day. I came up with this idea.

Sorry, for the burliness, I took the picture with my phone camera. From now on I will be using my regular camera. Anyways back to the mani, this is probably in the top 10 hardest manicures I have ever done. But I think it turned out pretty good. I started with a red base coat on all my nails except for my ring finger. For the red polish I used Finger Paints “Primary Color”. For the base coat on my ring finger I use Pure Ice “Gold Dust” and then put and two light coats of "Fame" from Petties on top. For the details I used N.Y.C "Skin Tight Denim Cream" for the blue and L.A colors fine tip “white”.  I did all of the details free hand, it was a slow process but I think it worked out good. To apply the red and blue details I used one of my fine tip paint brushes, and for the white I used the brush that came inside the polish bottle. Most of the details were really easy. However, it took a little time to get the letters on my thumb the way I wanted them.  It took about 2 total hours to do this main since I did everything free hand. But the finish product was defiantly worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment