Monday, December 5, 2011

Puppy Dog Nails

WE GOT A PUPPY!!!! Last week my Parents surprised my siblings and I, with an 8 week old puppy. After, taking him to the vet we found out he is a German Shepherd/Chow mix. He is the most adorable thing ever!! He was also my inspiration for my manicure this week!

The colors I used in the mani were:
Base Coat: One coat of "Copperglaze Platinum" over two coats of  "Totally Toffee" both from Revlon.
Paw Prints: "Hot for Chocolate" from Revlon
Puppy: "French White" and "Black Cream Lace" from NYC, and "Totally Toffee" from Revlon.



To do this design I started by painting the base coat. I thought "Totally Toffee" was to dark and "Copperglaze Platinum" was too light. However, when I layered the polishes I loved the shade. I also added a matte top coat "Matte-ly in Love" from Hard Candy, to take the shiny from the polish.
After, the base coat dried I painted the paw print. To paint the design I placed a dot of "Hot for Chocolate" polish on an index card. Then using a random idem I found in my room that was the right width I place three dots on my nails, for the center of the paws. Then, to make the toes, I added four more dots using my dotting tool. Making the paws was super easy and I think they turned out great. Painting the puppy was a little hard though.
To paint the puppy I made a semi-circle using "French Tip." Next, I painted the eat using the same polish and a fine tip paint brush. After, the white had dried I made another half circle inside the white using "Totally Toffee" this creates the snout for the dog.
Lastly, I add the eyes, and nose using a dotting tool. To create the mouth I used a fine tip paint brush. Then drew a vertical line and then two small diagonal lines on the brown snout.
Over all this mani was fairly easy and I got a lot of compliments on it.
I also include a tutorial below that explains how to paint this cute manicure.

First video is how to paint the paws.


Part 2 is how to paint the Puppy.





XOXO's
Love and Nail Polish,
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment