Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day Nails

Valentines was here once again.... Can't you feel my excitement? haha Since I'm a single girl, this day really wasn't very exciting. However, I did decided to make the best of it and do a relaxing facial and pedicure!!



 
For my Valentines manicure I decided to try out the Sally Hanson Salon Effects. This was the first time I had used any of the Salon Effects so it definitely was a different experience. I picked the "Love Always" effects from their Valentines collection. I thought I would really like the design however, it wasn't my favorite. But there were a few reasons for that. First since I had never used the Salon Effects I had a few issues getting them to cover my nails. I also had some issues with placing them own my cuticles. Then when I tried to cut the nail strip it started ripping. So on one or two of my nails I ended up folding the nail strip back over my nails. However, I know both of these problems were due to my inexperience.                                                                                                                                                  Next, I had some issues getting the nail strip to stick to my nail. I am not sure if this was just the strips I had or if this is a common problem. The strips started peeling away from my nail tips. So I secured them with a little clear coat. I also added a very thick top coat. Sadly, after day three I had some chipping at the edges of my nails. But I easily fixed the chips with some white nail polish. Many people say they do not chip easy but I will say I am rather hard on my nails. So the chipping was mostly my fault.
I will say I really did like the design! The I Love You written in different languages was definitely an eye-catcher. I got lots of complements and everyone seemed to be impressed. It felt a little weird explaining to my friends that they were actually stickers and not a free handed design. Since they know what a nail art fanatic I am. However, I still think the design rang Valentine's Day.

The Sally Hanson Salon Effects are definitely worth the money if you are looking for a design you don’t think you could free hand. Just be prepared to spend some time carefully positioning the nail strip because it is very tedious.
What do you think? Have you tried Sally Hanson Salon Effect?Did you have these problems too?


XOXO's
Love and Nail Polish,
Sierra 

No comments:

Post a Comment