Friday, October 21, 2011

Fall Nails



One of the biggest trademarks of fall, are pumpkins and that pretty much sums up my manicure for this week. I surprised myself with being able to achieve this design. Because I honestly didn't think I would be able to get the pumpkins painted right. But I think they turned out pretty good for my first time.

  For this mani I used "Magic" from Pure Ice on my thumb and ring fingers. This is a brown-ish/red polish and it looks amazing for fall inspired designs. For the rest of my fingers I used "Big Spender" from Pro. On the nails with "Big Spender" I used my dotting tool to paint six vertical lines of dots in the same colors that were on my pumpkins. To paint the pumpkins I used three different paint brushes and my dotting tool. I ran in to some problems with the shades of polish. So I ended up mixing "Orange" from LA Colors, "Sunny Side Up" from Wet and Wild and "Lemon Fizz" from China Glaze to make the three colors for the pumpkins and the stem of the pumpkins.  First I free handed the outline of the pumpkins in one of the shades of polish I made. Then using my dotting tool and a medium paint brush I filled in the outline. After, letting the base coat of the pumpkin dry, I added the stem and the highlights with my small tip paint brush. Over all this mani took about two hours total and it was a great fall design.


XOXO's
Love and Nail Polish,
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment