Monday, October 17, 2011

Candy Corn Nails

I was going to a party this past weekend and I wanted a cute, eye catching manicure. I looked at doing spider webs, leaves and a few other designs and I finally decided on Candy Corns!!

Look good enough to eat? ok well maybe not that good haha
This mani was super easy! For my two accent fingers I used "Big Spender" from Pro. This is my first time using this polish and so far I really like it. The polish takes about two coats to apply and it is a great gold shade. Also, the polish does not chip easy and the brush is a great size. I plan on using this color for a lot for future manicures. For my other nails I used "Orange" and "Yellow" from LA Colors and "White" from I Love My Nails. I first thought it would be easiest to tape each nail to get a straight line. But after using tape for one hand I decided it would be easier to just free hand. I also did the candy corns free hand. For them I first drew the outline in white. Then, I painted the orange, yellow and white letting each dry in between. For my ring finger I used the same colors and my dotting tool to make the dots in straight lines. This manicure took about an hour or so. But most of the time was spent waiting for polish to dry before I added the next color. I really liked the way it turned out and I got a ton of complements.
XOXO's
Love and Nail Polish,
Sierra.

No comments:

Post a Comment