Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Glow N' The Dark Mani

My nails now GLOW in the DARK!! I couldn't wait any longer, I had to see the way it would turn out.

For this mani, I used "Rescue Me" from Pure Ice which I talked about in a previous post. It took about 4 coats to get this polish to really show up because of how sheer it is. For my index finger I decided to see how the polish would do over another color. So I painted both of my middle fingers "Wild Thing" from Pure Ice. When I layered "Rescue Me" over the polish it applied easy and only took about two coats instead of four coats. Layering the polish didn't change how much it glowed but it did tint the polish slightly.
After, wearing the regular Glow for a day or two I decide to add a black crackle. The crackle I used is "Strobe Light" from Pure Ice. I decide to do both sideways and regular crackle for a little bit of a different look.
 After, painting the crackle I realized my nails were not going to glow as much because of the black polish. So I added another coat of "Rescue Me" over the crackle. It made the black a lighter shade. But it did not change it much at all and it glowed just the way I was hoping it would. I loved turning off all the lights and watching my nails glow with a greenish light.  Over all this manicure was easy and very cute.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment