Thursday, November 24, 2011

Plaid Mani and Happy Thankgiving!!!


 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!!! I hope your Thanksgiving has been great!! I can't express how thankful I am to all of you who read and support my blog. The feedback I receive makes writing even more enjoyable. I am also thankful for a loving and forgiving God, supportive Family, great Siblings that make me smile and the Best Friends a girl could ask for. Oh and nail polish haha.
After an exciting day of cooking and eating, I have time for a quick post then I am off to do some Thursday pre-black Friday shopping.

For my Thanksgiving manicure, I decided to go with plaid using fall colors. The colors I used for this mani were, "Hot Tamale" from I Love My Nails, "Big Night Out" from Rimmel, "Magic" from Pure Ice and "Flower Girl" from Sinful Colors. Painting a plaid design is super easy; however, it requires a very steady hand. I started by painting my base coat using "Hot Tamale".
Next, I used "Big Night Out" and made a tic-tac-toe grid on each of my nails. Then, I used "Magic" and made another tic-tac-toe grid slightly off center near the first grid. To add a little sparkle I took "Flower Girl" and add two random lines to the grids. TA-DA, if you are a little unsure about how to paint this design, YouTube has some great tutorials. I am hoping to get some of my own tutorials up. But that is a work in progress. Over all this manicure turn our rather good. I think it would look better with some other colors but I love the design.
Well again I hope your Thanksgiving was amazing.
XOXO's,
Love and Nail Polish,
Sierra.

No comments:

Post a Comment