Monday, November 14, 2011

Cherry Blossom Nails


 
Just a quick post about my weekend mani before I head off to bed. This week, I decided to do cherry blossoms on my nails. I have wanted to do this design for a few weeks now, but I had not had the time to paint them.
For this manicure I used  "White" from I Love My Nails to paint the base of the manicure and "Splash" from Pure Ice to paint the blue french tip.
Once the base was dry I painted the cherry blossoms and the limbs. To paint the design I used my dotting tool, a fine tip paint brush and a wide brush. I did not have the shade of brown polish I needed, so I ended up mixing some dark brown, a little of black acrylic paint and "Warm and Fozzy" nail polish from OPI.
Then, I carefully paint the limbs in random directions using a fine tip paint brush.
For the flowers I used "Flirt Alert" from Pure Ice and some white acrylic paint.  To paint the flower buds, I used my dotting tool and  for the flowers on my thumb and ring finger I used a wide pain brush.
When I started this design I wasn't sure how to paint the flowers. So I watched some video tutorials off of YouTube. This made the whole manicure a lot easier. I definitely could use some more practice on painting the flowers, but I love the way it turned out. Well that is my manicure for this week and I am heading to bed. Have a good night, my dear readers.
XOXO's
Love and Nail Polish,
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment