Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sun-Set Sponged Nails


I did this about 3-4 days after I painted the design.
 I free handed the palm tree with some black polish.


Today, while I soaked up some sun rays I decide to paint my nails. Since, summer is coming to an end for nail world, I decided to use something bright. I originally thought my watermelon nails would be my last summer mani but they didn't last as long as I except and I kinda got tired of them. I knew I wanted to use yellow in my manicure but I wasn't really sure how. I played around with some colors and designs for a bit, before I decided I would give the sponge effect a whirl. I had never done a full sponge mani before. But today I decide i wanted to try something new. I looked at several shades of reds, oranges and yellows. I never realized how many of these colors I had. I finally decided on four colors, they were. "Excuse Me" from Pure Ice, "Sunny Side Up" from Wet N' Wild, "Yellow" and "Orange" both from LA Colors.



For the sponge effect I started with "Orange" at my cuticle then I add "Sunny Side Up," "Yellow" and at the tip "Excuse Me". I had some trouble getting the polish on the sides of my nails so I used a paint brush the get near the sides. This mani took me about two hours to complete, however, I am somewhat of a perfections so it usually takes me a while anyways.  I was concerned about the texture of the effect. But after, I applied two coats of clear coat the texture was pretty much gone. I really wish I had the Kodad Stamper right now though. Because the palm tree pattern would look really amazing with the polish. Tomorrow, I might try to free hand a palm tree if I have time. But even without the palm tree I love the way the sponge effect turned out and will defiantly do it again. :)
What do you think?
Would you give the technique a whirl?

XOXO's
Love and Nail Polish,
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment