Saturday, September 29, 2012

Color Blocked Nails (a post I wrote last year, byut never posted) WHOOPS


This week I was up for a more challenging nail design. I debated on a few different techniques and finally decided to try out color blocking for the first time. When I started painting I was originally going to paint each nail the same color. But after looking at all my colors I decided to paint each nail a different color. I decided I would use my fine tip white polish to line the design. For this mani, I used a total of 20 different colors and it took me about three or four hours to finish. I'm guessing on the time because I worked on and off on this mani all day (I tend to take random breaks on and off while I paint my nails. I was also reading a book while I painted)

I started this technique by painting each nail a base coat.  To do the color blocking I simply painted the other colors in a random patterns on each nail. Then, I added the white lines in between each color.


A few days after I painted the mani I was kinda bored with it. But I didn't have enough time to change the design so I added a matte top coat. I was concerned at first that matte coat would take away from the design but I actually really liked it.
Would you try this technique?

XOXO's Love and Nail Polish,
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment