Sunday, October 7, 2012

Layering Technique


I saw an awesome nail design technique on pinterest and I thought I would give it a whirl. Here is the technique.

 
The way you do this technique is to layer the nail polish in thick coats. You can layer them dark to light or light to dark that choice is up to you. Once the polish is completely dry, you take a paint brush socked in acetone and slowly remove some of the layers of nail polish reveling the different layers. Just make sure you don't go all the way to your natural nail because then you will have to fix it. Over all this is a super easy design. The technique I saw on pinterest used black and vibrant color polishes, but I'm still addicted to all fall colors. So of course I went with oranges, reds, yellows and browns. Over all I thought this technique was really neat. I think it would look better with bright colors and black but I still like the fall colors.



Colors I Used: (in order I painted them)
Index, Middle and Pinkie: "Lemon Fizz" from China Glaze, "Sunny Side Up" from Wet N' Wild, "350 Big Night Out" from Rimmel, and "228 Chelsea" from NYC
Thumb and Ring: "Lemon Fizz" from China Glaze, "Sunny Side Up" from Wet N' Wild, "350 Big Night Out" from Rimmel, "228 Chelsea" from NYC and "Hot for Chocolate"  from Revlon

What do you think of this technique??

XOXO's
Love and Nail Polish,
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment